We visited Magnolia Plantation because of the special educational programs they offered today. Magnolia Plantation offered free admission as well as 11 different nature, history, and cultural programs. These presenters included the following:
- SC Native Plant Society
- College of Charleston Grice Marine Laboratory
- Keeper of the Wild
- SC Caribbean Cultural and Heritage Association
- 54th Massachusetts, Co. 1, Civil War Reenactment Regiment
- Independent Company of SC (French and Indian War Reenactment)
- Director of the Magnolia Nature Center
- Magnolia Food Historian
- Drayton Hall Plantation
- Naturescapes by Daniel Payne
The kids had a great time! All of the presenters were wonderful. They captivated the kids attention and they learned so much from this experience.
We got to study the differences between alligators and crocodiles.
We learned about the Revolutionary War.
We got to experience Carnival.
We learned about the Civil War.
We learned about the Cherokee
We experienced animals in the wonderful petting zoo.
We roamed the beautiful gardens.
I hope this adventure inspires you to visit a garden near you!
This post was brought to you by Stephanie at Life's Little Adventures. If you enjoyed this post please share on Google +, Facebook, and Pinterest.