Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Moving our School to the Road

For those of you who don't know, my husband is in the Navy. He has been in the Navy for over eight years now. Every three years or so we get (have) to pick up everything we own and move to a new duty station. That time is approaching for us again. We are currently living near Charleston, SC and in November we will be moving to Bangor, Washington. 3000 miles across the country. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind moving. What I do mind is having to pack up all of our things and find a new place to live in an unfamiliar place. Because of trying to find housing on a short notice, we have often ended up living in less than desirable areas. 

So because of this, we came up with a solution. We will be putting our house up for sale and moving into a 5th wheel for the last three years my husband has left in the Navy. I know, I know, you must be thinking right now that this lady is crazy (most people do when we tell them our plan). Well, I am crazy. Crazy for freedom. 

You see, I want to be free to go see my family while my husband is deployed without having to worry about a house I left behind. I want to have a support system that you can only really get from having family nearby. I want our children to have a real relationship with their grandparents that they cant get from their once a year a visit. Most of all, I want our children to experience life instead of just reading about it in books. 

So without further anticipation, here is our brand new fifth wheel. 

It is a 43 ft. long Heartland Road Warrior.

Finally Ours!

More pictures to come!


This post was brought to you by Stephanie at Life's Little Adventures. If you enjoyed this post please share on Google +Facebook, and Pinterest.