Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Words of Wisdom Wednesday

This week I have found myself contemplating who I am as a person. Since beginning on our homeschool adventure, the kids and I have had a lot ups and downs. I haven't shared a lot of the downs until now... For example, Rapunzel and I can barely get through a lesson together before I have to go and correct little mans behavior for something he has done or gotten into like spilling my brand new bottle of bee pollen everywhere or spilling a container of cereal all over the floor. Or when it time to complete work, I have to argue with them to get it done. Not to mention the piles of laundry stacking up.

When you are a homeschool mom, you are under a lot of pressure because you are with your children 24/7. Since beginning this journey together, I find myself losing my patience and yelling at my children a lot more than I used to. I feel like this is not who I want to be and I need to change it.

I also find myself feeling inadequate at times because I cant get everything done. I feel like I am supposed to getting through everything in our day, taking care of the house, and somehow in their taking care of myself. It stress me out when I cant be supermom.

I decided that I need to take better care of myself so I can take better care of them. I think this may include leaving the children with the principle (aka daddy) and go out of the house by myself for awhile. I need to take a few moments to myself and collect my mental sanity.

Although are days not all roses and sunshine here, I would not change my decision about homeschooling them. Being able to be apart of there learning and being able to spend so much time with them has been priceless. Although there are struggles throughout the day and you sometimes find yourself wanting to through in the towel, you realize that its not about you, its about them and keep pushing on. In the end, everything will be worth the time and sacrifices you've made.

So to the mom who is struggling, please know that you are not alone. We all have struggles. Please don't give up. 


~Stephanie~

3 comments :

  1. Hang in there... and know that you ARE giving your children a great thing. You are with them much more and in more ways than most parents are able to be in this hurried and stressed-out day in time. DO take some time for yourself though because you will eventually just break down mentally if you don't. I've been there and the outcome wasn't good. You're doing great, going above and beyond what most are capable of. I enjoyed reading your blog post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda,
      Thank you so much for your comment. I really value your input and it is nice to know that I am not alone in my experience.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love reading comments and I value your input.

~Stephanie~