Saturday, April 13, 2013

I homeschool because... We get to experience more.

I homeschool because... We get to experience more.




When I first started this journey, I had this picture in my mind that our homeschool would be much like regular school. I thought we would do set lesson plans and cover every subject every day. Needless to say this ideal plan that I had in my head quickly went out the window. I became so stressed out with what I thought needed to be done that our day was no longer fun for any of us. 

The more I pushed my children to get things done on our schedule, the more they would resist and the longer our day would take. I was becoming burnt out from dealing with this struggle every day and the truth is so were they. That is until I gave up on my plan. 

So now that I gave up on my ideas of what homeschool is supposed to be, we have more fun. We joined a coop group and now we take field trips and get hands on with our learning. They get to experience things that I never got to do while I was in school or ever for that matter. 

They have gotten to do things like take a photo class at the Apple Storemeet a meteorologist, and go strawberry picking. These are things that they would never have got to experience if they were in a school classroom all day. Also if they attended school, I would not be able to be apart of these experiences that we have together. I know I would not trade these memories for the world. 

Please comment below and share some of your favorite experiences in your homeschool. I would love to here from you!


This post was brought to you by Stephanie at Life's Little Adventures. If you enjoyed this post please share on Google +Facebook, and Pinterest.

Thank You!

~Stephanie~





2 comments :

  1. Our favorite part of homeschool is time, too. My daughters have time to spend on their art and time to "waste" outside and time to read a lot. Time to be together and experience life together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from the Sunday Showcase. I'd love for you to share your family-friendly crafts and ideas at Monday Kid Corner at thejennyevolution.com. See you at the party!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love reading comments and I value your input.

~Stephanie~