Friday, April 5, 2013

Field Trip Friday- Bee City

Let me start off by saying, I belong to an awesome homeschool group. We have an awesome group leader who plans each of the wonderful activities we go on. She is absolutely amazing. The amount of time and dedication she puts into organizing each field trip we go on is amazing. She is literally a homeschool super-mom.


 Today's field trip was to Bee City. Bee City is a wonderful honeybee farm and nature center in our area. They are dedicated to educating the public on the importance of honeybees. They have a classroom containing beekeeping equipment and learning materials, as well as a glass observation bee hive.

 You can also experience hand feeding monkeys, lemurs, llamas, deer, goats and sheep at bee city in their wonderful petting zoo. Their nature center houses almost every type of snake native to South Carolina. They also have turtles, frogs, and alligators. With an admission of only $5.00 per person, you can't beat the price either. If you are ever in the Summerville, SC area, you should consider paying a visit to Bee City.









 Each outing I go on with the group, I find myself inspired by a new mom that I meet. Each of us have different backgrounds and different stories within our lives, but when everyone comes together it is a melting pot of inspiring women and families. I love going into an environment where there is no competition to be better than anyone else, everyone is welcoming and hospitable, and all other the children are well mannered and friendly. Very rarely do I find these things anywhere else in life.
As a relatively new homeschool mom, their encouragement has meant the world to me. I think when you set out on your homeschool journey, it is easy to question your decision and wonder if you are doing a good job,  a good group of people can give you the hope and strength to continue.

How did you spend your Friday?



1 comments :

  1. You are so lucky to have a group you love! I cannot find one I am comfortable with.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love reading comments and I value your input.

~Stephanie~