Sunday, March 17, 2013

When things don't go as planned..


When thing don’t go as planned…

This week was a bit of a trial for me. I didn’t get anything done with the kids that I set out to accomplish. Why were things so challenging for us you ask? We got sick. After our Coop on Tuesday, all of our stomachs felt a little funny. Rapunzel was the first one to come down with whatever it was, shortly followed by me of course. As a person who tries to plan EVERYTHING, I had to learn to a lesson this week. I had to learn how to cope when things are out of my control.

This week I learned a valuable lesson. The beauty of homeschool is that you don’t have to be rigid in you plans. If you need to take a break, you can do it. I think I am still in the mentality that if my children miss a couple days of what I had planned, they are going to fall behind. I need to learn to change my thinking that I have learned being a part of a structure society for so long.

So what did we do this week? Well, we just did the basics. Rapunzel did some math and reading when we were sick and that was it. We are kind of getting back into a grove now. We will get back into our regular routine tomorrow. 

What does a sick day look like for you?